Location: Education Center, 132 32nd Street, Brooklyn
Status/Hours: Part time 2 hours Prep; 6 hours teaching; Days and times to be determined
Salary Range : $40 per hour to $40 per hour
BCS Education Center is hiring an ESL Instructor to teach in its Sunset Park, Brooklyn, adult literacy programs. The instructor will work with beginner or intermediate-level English learners and participants undertaking language-supported vocational training.
The Education Center provides adult education services to the Brooklyn community. We serve participants with ESL classes, GED preparation classes, and language-supported vocational training. In addition, the Education Center operates a Family Welcome Center in which we provide case management & wrap-around services, workforce development programming, and regular community workshops & events. Many of our students speak Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese as their first language.
- Retention targets
- Testing targets
- Measurable skill gain targets
- Responsible for:
- Design and facilitate ESL classes for students enrolled in beginner English classes, intermediate English classes, or language-supported vocational training
- Administer pre-tests, post-tests, and other necessary assessments
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend staff meetings
- Certificate or higher in TESOL
- Knowledge of TESOL methods and techniques; experience working with multicultural adult learners
- At least one year of teaching experience, preferably in a community setting
- Language skills in Spanish, Arabic, and/or Chinese are preferred
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Ability to be communicative in the face of stress, feedback, or change
Apply at this link: ESL Instructor
BCS and Turning Point require that all employees entering the workplace be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption is granted as a medical or religious accommodation.
BCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities