Brooklyn Community Services' Education Center is hiring an ESOL teacher for its Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) programs in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
IELCE serves adult English-language learners. The program has two key goals: 1) to help learners improve their English speaking skills, and 2) to provide learners with access to industry recognized certifications that lead to employment.
The Part Time ESOL Teacher will provide contextualized ESOL classes to English language learners that are earning the Food Protection Certificate from the NYC DOH. The class is co-taught with an instructor from Kingsborough Community College.
- Design and facilitate ESL classes for English language learners that are earning their Food Protection Certificate from the DOH.
- Collaborate with co-teachers.
- Administer placement tests, post-tests, and other necessary assessments.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Certificate in ESOL
- Knowledge of ESOL methods and techniques; experience working with multicultural adult learners
- Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Arabic is a plus
Compensation:$40 per hour.
Send resumes to:
Deputy Director, Education Center