Inwood Community Services, Inc. is seeking part-time ESOL EL/Civics instructors to teach on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday 6:00 – 9:30 PM from the last week in January through June. Instruction will be provided remotely, with the possibility of converting to in-person classes during the term if health and safety conditions permit.
- Dedicated teachers committed to empowering adult immigrant students through English language education
- Applicants with 3 plus years-experience teaching ESOL with experience in remote instruction
- Instructors with the flexibility to teach remotely or in-person. The decision to revert to in-person classes will prioritize staff and student safety.
- Provide ESOL Instruction to develop skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Develop and implement student-centered lesson plans that engage students and assist them in navigating the activities of their lives
- Administer the Best Plus Post-test
- Maintain records of student attendance and progress; complete student progress reports as needed
- Work with program staff to deliver effective programming that motivates students to persist and succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certificate or Master’s in TESOL or Education a plus.
- Certified administrator of Best Plus, or willing to become certified through training within the first semester of hire.
- Proficiency in running virtual classes on Zoom.
- Ability to connect with our immigrant / adult learning population.
- Because of the possibility of future in-person instruction, COVID vaccination is required with very rare exceptions based on religious or medical exemption
ICS is a community-based not-for-profit in Northern Manhattan with a 32 year Adult Literacy program and a long-tenured staff. We seek teachers who live in the local area as well as those living out of the neighborhood who are committed to teaching ESOL.
Send resumes with cover letters to email@example.com.