Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) at LaGuardia Community College seeks a dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructor for its evening high-intermediate vocational Bridge to NCLEX-RN ELL program.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teach up to 16 hours remotely per week for a projected 12-week evening vocational ESOL program (M/T/W/Th) 6-10pm.
- Adapt vocational ESOL curriculum and create new contextualized instructional materials to meet students’ needs
- Lead students in healthcare-related contextualized ESOL lessons and collaborate with nursing instructors in a team-teaching environment
- Monitor and report student progress/attendance and assist the program with all required documentation
- Other related tasks, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant high-intermediate ESOL teaching experience required.
- Experience with healthcare themes preferable.
Please send resume, cover letter, availability for classes, and contact information for 3 professional references to Paula Michelin email@example.com