SoBRO is seeking to hire an Instructor to teach English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses. The Instructor must have a proven track record in literacy development and teaching adults in the area of ESOL (traditional and contextualized instruction). The Instructor should be able to develop and/or implement curriculum and be able to assess and measure student progress. Pay $30/hr.
Essential Duties Include
- To provide direct service to adult students (ages 16 and over) to help them obtain necessary English language skills so they will be able to read, write and speak proficiently to complete and solve problems, to use technology in order to become a lifelong learner and to be effective in the family, in the workplace and in the community.
- Screen, evaluate, and identify students eligible for ESOL service
- Administer and interpret BEST Plus test
- Maintain documentation of evaluation, ongoing instructional programs, student progress and communication
- Adhere to curriculum
- Track student outcomes; provide follow up services for documentation of outcomes
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree required
- Current New York State teacher certification, ESOL preferred
- At least two years of successful teaching experience with an adult population
Please submit resume and cover letter to Roman Woodson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.