REPORTS TO: Adult Education Program Manager
JOB LOCATION: St. Nicks Alliance Workforce Development Center
790 Broadway, Brooklyn NY 11206
St. Nicks Alliance Workforce Development Center seeks (8) Part-Time ESOL Teachers to teach English to adult students in the Adult Education Program, in a way that is dynamic and contextualized for students’ practical use. These positions require very creative and dedicated ESOL instructors particularly experienced with adults to teach a range of ESOL Levels 1- 5. Summer positions begin July 9th 2018 and fall positions begin September 12th 2018. Various schedules are available, including mornings, evenings and Saturdays. Part Time ESOL Teacher reports to the Adult Education Program Manager.
- Manage a classroom of up to 15-20 adults over the age of 18+.
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching approach.
- Develop and deliver daily lesson plans/curriculum and educational activities for students in ESOL programming, which includes utilization of SED/CUNY CareerKit.
- Monitor students’ educational progress and liaise with staff members provide feedback and establish education plans.
- Administer assessments tests and track results.
- Take and document student attendance for each session.
- Attend RAEN professional development and additional trainings, according to the city and state standards.
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Provide tutoring services to students
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and minimum 3+ years experience teaching ESOL.
- Very proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Experience with Best Plus 2.0 preferred.
- Experience with SED/CUNY CareerKit curriculum preferred.
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter, a brief writing sample, and resume to email@example.com with Part-Time ESOL Teacher, Adult Education Program subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more about the organization. Please no phone calls.
- St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.