ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction to students enrolled in English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) classes;
- Prepare weekly lesson plans that incorporate the use of computer-based activities and submit to Program Coordinator at the end of each month;
- Maintain students portfolios;
- Administer assessments regularly to all students to track their progress;
- Assign students interactive assignments using online resources;
- Meet with Program Director / Program Coordinator on a monthly to discuss participants progress;
- Refer participants internally for support services as needed and follow-up to ensure services are being offered;
- Attend a minimum of 14 hours of trainings/workshops (off-site at the Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) or on-site using computer-based webinars);
- Attend staff development meetings on a monthly basis to receive assistance with computer-based lessons plans, computer based activities for classroom usage, utilizing laptops and smart-boards in the classroom;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Two years teaching experience preferred.
- Must be available during weekday evening hours.
- Experience with curriculum development and lesson planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to create an engaging and welcoming learning environment.
- Willing to go above and beyond program mandates for the benefit of the students
- Ability to understand the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Have a demonstrated commitment to supporting communities who have experienced systemic oppression and bias (e.g. people of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, justice involved persons, etc.)
Must possess a Bachelors degree in related field; license to teach with the NYC Department of Education preferred
"All persons newly hired for employment by RiseBoro must provide proof of being fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, except for those who obtain an exception due to medical or religious reasons through the reasonable accommodation process."
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Email resume and cover letter to Alyssa Vazquez AlVelazquez@riseboro.org with "ABE Instructor position" in the subject line.