Our English Program offers free classes to adult immigrants ages 18 and over in the Bronx. This position is part-time, Monday – Thursday. We seek to help our students advance in their goals through learning English.
- Teach 2-3 hour class four days a week
- Prepare lesson plans and a curriculum
- Keep track of daily attendance
- Write monthly progress notes
- Communicate with supervisor
- Pre and Post tests every cycle
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelors degree
- Teaching experience
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.