Mercy Center is a "haven" in Mott Haven, a community center offering programs and services that empower women and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.
Who we’re looking for:
- Very proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with a BA and with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education.
- Applicants with experience teaching English as a Second Language 4 years+ REQUIRED
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching (CLT) approach.
- Implement and adapt lesson plans from a standards-based curriculum.
- Report to the Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development.
- Monday through Thursday 6 pm – 9 pm
- Monday through Friday 9 am – 12 pm
- Tuesday through Friday 9 am – 12 pm
- Saturday 9 am – 2 pm
- Compensation based on experience.
- In-house training, mentoring, networking, & other professional development opportunities provided.
hOW To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org