The Adult Learning Center (ALC) at NYC College of Technology seeks a part-time Instructor for a special project funded through the Fuel for 50 Program at the Robin Hood Foundation. The project begins immediately until Fall 2022, with the possibility of continuation based on receipt of additional funding. Information about the Fuel for 50 Program can be found here: https://fuelfor50.org/.
The Adult Learning Center has proposed to offer 4-5 in-person workshops for caregivers and their children, located in Sunset Park and Borough Park. The workshops are for English Language Learners and will have a focus on reading and communicating with children in English.
- Develop 1-1.5 hour-long workshops for English Language Learners and their children with a focus on reading
- Evaluate student progress and provide feedback, both formally and informally
- Work collaboratively with administrators and counselor on student participation and needs
- Provide support during outreach, information sessions, and the application process
- Work closely with counselor and administrators to meet program objectives; this includes the monitoring and documentation of progress and outcomes
- Assist in administrative work to build programming and processes around the workshops
- Assist in planning for and conducting research to apply for a second phase of the grant in fall 2022
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience with family literacy and English Language Learners
- Strong awareness of the barriers facing immigrants
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Daytime and Saturday availability (some evening work may be possible)
Salary range $40-$45/hour. Schedule can be flexible, overall project hours can be up to 50 hours.
Please respond to vacancy notice with resume and cover letter at www.rfcuny.org. Look under About RF, Search and Apply for a Job, Instruction and Social Services, ESOL/Reading Instructor - NYC Tech, PVN ID: NY-2204-004697.