The Jewish Community Center of Staten Island is seeking part-time ESL instructors for morning classes (8:30 AM to 11:30 AM) and evening classes (6:00 PM to 9:30 PM) Monday through Friday and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Master’s degree preferred in TESOL, Education, Special Education or a related field
- Edibility to work in the United States
- Two years of teaching experience with English language learning adults
- Ability to integrate technology into a lesson
- Best-Plus Certified or willingness to become certified
- Native fluency in English
- Deliver effective instruction in Reading, Writing, Grammar, Speaking, and Listening Skills
- Create an engaging student centered educational environment in the classroom
- Assess student progress through classwork, quizzes, and project based learning
- Complete professional development hours as required by the department
- Maintain daily attendance, write monthly progress reports, and communicate with the administration about students’ absences and any other pertinent issues
- Meet deadlines for completion of all paperwork and needed documents in accordance with program compliance
- Preparation of a thematic syllabus
Salary: $32.00 per hour
Please send a resume with a cover letter to Rose Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted and interviewed.