If you have 2-3 hours/week to spare and would like to volunteer and contribute to helping immigrants learn English, we need you!
Classes for fall 2016: week of Sept 20-Dec 13th.
Specifications and Responsibilities:
- One year teaching ESL to students preferred.
- TESOL certification preferred, but not required.
- Dynamic with good voice projection.
- Prepare for lesson plans.
- Must commit to teaching at least 12-14 weeks (Sept-Dec 2016 and ideally Feb-June 2017--each weekly class is 2.5-3 hours long)
- Days needed for ESL: Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
Since we do not charge for classes, we encourage you to volunteer your time, we will pay a stipend based on financial need.