LaGuardia Community College’s Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) seeks dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructors for its evening program. Classes are in-person.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teaching approximately 9 hours per week in an ESOL program 6:00-9:00 pm (M/T/W)
- Creating a communicative classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
- Leading students in contextualized ESOL lessons around such themes as college transitions, career planning, civic engagement, immigration issues, and job readiness.
- Attending RAEN approved professional development workshops.
- Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
- This part-time position will be at an estimated salary of $38 per hour.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant high-intermediate ESOL teaching experience required.
- Evening hours required (see above).
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to Paula Michelin at firstname.lastname@example.org