LaGuardia Community College’s Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) seeks dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructors for its morning beginner programs.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teaching approximately 9 hours per week in an morning ESOL program (9:15-12:15am, T,Th,Fr);
- Creating a communicative classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
- Leading students in contextualized high-intermediate ESOL lessons around such themes as civic engagement, immigration issues, and job readiness.
- Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
- This part-time position will be at an estimated salary of $33.00 an hour.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant beginner ESOL teaching experience required.
- Morning hours required (see above).
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to Paula Michelin at firstname.lastname@example.org