The Lehman Adult Learning Center seeks dynamic ESOL teachers for part-time employment starting September 2022.
Teacher will provide ESOL instruction to adults. Must be creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education.
- Create and implement student-centered lessons with a thematic focus;
- Plan and submit a class curriculum to the ALC twice yearly;
- Assess students’ work and provide feedback on an ongoing basis;
- Maintain attendance records;
- Attend staff meetings;
- Participate in program-wide events and activities;
- Attend Professional Development workshops as required;
- Administer BEST Plus test, and participate in registration and orientation;
- Work collaboratively with all ESOL teachers to share curriculum ideas, lesson plans, and
- classroom management strategies.
Qualified candidates must have prior experience teaching in Adult ESOL classrooms, both in person and on Zoom. Bachelor's degree and ESOL teaching certification preferred. Must be creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education.
Please send cover letter and resume to: LehmanALCjobsearch@gmail.com