LaGuardia Community College’s Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) seeks dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructors for its ESOL daytime program.
Classes are in-person.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teaching approximately 9 hours per week in the daytime ESOL program 9:00 to 12:15 AM (T/W/Th)
- Creating a communicative online classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
- Leading students in contextualized ESOL lessons around such themes as college transition, civic engagement, career planning, job readiness, reading and writing skills.
- Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
- This part-time position will be at an estimated salary of $38 per hour.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant ESOL teaching experience required.
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to Paula Michelin at email@example.com