LaGuardia Community College’s Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET) seeks dynamic and innovative part-time ESOL instructors for its morning program.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teaching approximately 9 hours per week in an ESOL program 9:00-12:00 pm (T/T/Fr)
- Creating a communicative classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
- Leading students in contextualized ESOL lessons around such themes as college transitions, career planning, civic engagement, immigration issues, and job readiness.
- Attending RAEN approved professional development workshops.
- Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
- This part-time position will be at an estimated salary of $34.00 an hour.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant high-intermediate ESOL teaching experience required.
- Evening hours required (see above).