Job Classification: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Annual Salary: $48,000
Reports to: Assistant Director, ESOL Position Overview
Adult and Immigrant Services offers English language classes to immigrant community members, assists in providing resources and benefits to those in vulnerable community members, provides free legal immigration consultations, engages with community members on public health initiatives and advocates alongside and on behalf of immigrants and low-income adults.
Sunnyside Community Services provides ESOL instruction to over 350 students annually. Our approach includes innovative virtual and in-person learning strategies, a whole-person approach allowing students to access services internally, and a commitment to social justice, diversity, equity, and conclusion. We have recently developed in-house curricula for beginning through intermediate proficiency levels and we have developed an English for specific purposes curriculum focused on health.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for program implementation and development in collaboration with the Assistant Director, ESOL. The Program Coordinator will ensure the successful operation of ESOL programming to assist those who lack proficiency in English inside and outside of the classroom.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Assist in operation of ESOL programming including organizing in-person and virtual registration, orientation, and fieldtrips.
- Assist in registration, conducting intake and pre/post test program participants.
- Communicate with students regarding programming and other service needs.
- Assist in student recruitment and outreach as needed.
- Assist with instructor recruitment, instructor supervision, and conduct classroom observations.
- Manage ESOL participant caseload and maintain on-going contact with those served in accordance with organization’s confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Refer participants to specialists within the organization or to partners in the community.
Data Collection, Tracking and Reporting
- Collect, maintain, and track comprehensive paper and/or electronic files as necessary for contractual reporting.
- Collect, maintain, and track programmatic data and resources up to date including daily attendance records, participant demographic information using funder-mandated and internal database and monitoring tools.
- Create and maintain up-to-date progress notes for each participant.
- Support Assistant Director, ESOL with preparation for program audits and reporting.
- Assist with other tasks that arise in support of the Adult and Immigrant Services daily operations and growth.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, preferred; and 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication.
- Flexibility, patience, resourcefulness, and a willingness to learn and ability to work independently and creatively.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403B pension plan with employer contribution Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid Holidays
- Five personal/floating days
- Life Insurance Long-term disability
Application Method: If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter AND resume with subject line: Program Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org, Leslie Dugger, Assistant Director, ESOL.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer