- Assisting in all aspects of guiding and running the ESOL Program smoothly and effectively including scheduling of classes and teachers, registration, testing, data collection, and curriculum development, preparing class schedules for approximately 100 ESOL classes a year, coordinating teacher assignments, scheduling staff development meetings, assisting in ESOL registrations at various library locations, monitoring the preparation of registration packets, collecting data and entering it into the appropriate data management system (ASISTS/LAMPS), monitoring lesson planning and class attendance, tracking ESOL inventory including textbooks, BEST Plus and TABE tests, answering teacher and student inquiries.
- Assisting with the preparation and revision of the ESOL curriculum and lesson plans prior to each semester, testing students using the BEST Plus Oral Proficiency test, participating in site visits, and teaching classes when necessary. Attend staff development meetings, BEST Plus refreshers, and ESOL conferences as necessary. Performs other duties as required.
- Responsible for assisting with the evaluation and management of ESOL programming and help provide direction for current adult learning programs and assist with maintaining and/or enhancing enrollment number and retention rates. Ensures programming quality based on enrollment/retention via coordinating internal and external audits and conducts community outreach, community needs assessments as well as address and resolve all issues to ensure overall positive participant satisfaction. Strict adherence to program standards/SOP, case and file management guidelines.
- Helps to oversee the day-to-day operations of the program and develops and provides centralized standard operational guidance to program staff/volunteers. Oversees the policies and procedures for the program and coordinate operations with community library staff as needed. Performs site visits to various program sites and classes. Represents Queens Library at meetings of NYC, NYS, Federal and international literacy providers at conferences, interagency meetings and is responsible for maintaining effective programmatic partnerships.
- Helps to manage the collection and distribution of program operations statistical data for reporting purposes, including adherence to program standards and government contract reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years in ESOL/adult education setting are required.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience handling large volumes of data and working with data management systems preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and a self-starter. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- BEST Plus certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of National Reporting System is a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference “ESOL Program Specialist - QLWEB” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer