Part time ESOL Project Coordinator position
The Center for Family Life is seeking a part time Assistant Program Coordinator to provide support and coordination for the ESOL program, and to ensure that students are effectively recruited, enrolled, retained and making satisfactory progress toward desired program outcomes. The ESL Coordinator reports to the Program Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in development of outreach materials. Implement outreach activities
- Conducting intake and completing enrollment paperwork for each student,
- Maintain and organize students records
- Manage pre and post testing schedules
- Monitor attendance, review sign-in sheets for accuracy noting reasons for absences. Enter attendance in on line system in a timely manner.
- Ideally Coordinator will conduct pre and post testing utilizing the Best Plus 2.0 test
- Coordinator will meet with students to assess needs and connect them to services within Center for Family Life or other providers as needed, and will follow up and advocate on students behalf when necessary.
- Providing resource support for instructors and staff as necessary
- Assisting in orientation and graduation ceremony duties
- Other duties might be assigned according to program needs.
BA degree preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong time management skills, including demonstrated capacity to complete assignments under strict deadlines; High level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through; dependable, punctual, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred. At least two years of similar experience and/or social service experience; proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (includes facility with spreadsheets and tables). Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and demonstrated willingness to take initiative and assume other responsibilities as needed.
This is a part time position, 20 hrs. per week.
Salary: $20 to $22 per hour DOE
To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCO/Center for Family Life is an equal opportunity employer