- helping students, one-on-one, to revise their essays for grammar, mechanics, and content
- working with students individually and in groups on reading skills
- honing oral presentation and pronunciation skills
- assisting students with annotation during read-alouds and taking notes during lectures
- assisting students with PowerPoint presentations
Tutors may also be asked to facilitate whole-class instruction and group work, as well as grade student assessments. Applicants must be flexible enough to work with faculty members with a variety of teaching styles. Prior experience working with ESL students and some graduate coursework in TESOL/Applied Linguistics preferred.
Evening Position: 5:15 PM to 9:45 PM Three evenings per week. The days are flexible.
Email: cover letter, resume and contact information for two
references to Jason Davis at Jason.Davis@bcc.cuny.edu