Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Teaching 4-9 hours per week in an evening ESOL program between the hours of 6-9pm, Mondays to Thursdays (schedules vary);
- Creating a communicative classroom environment for immigrant English language learner adults;
- Leading students in contextualized high-intermediate ESOL lessons around such themes as college transitions, career planning, civic engagement, immigration issues, and job readiness;
- Tracking student progress/ attendance and assisting the program with all required documentation;
- Other related tasks, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a recognized TESOL certification or MA TESOL course work required.
- Relevant and significant high-intermediate ESOL teaching experience required.
- Evening hours required (see above).