HANAC, Inc. – originally founded by George Douris as the Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee – is a New York City based multi-faceted social services organization with administrative offices at 27-40 Hoyt Avenue S in Astoria and fiscal office at 1250 Broadway in New York City. The organization was founded in 1972 to serve the needs of vulnerable populations throughout New York City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-Test and Post-Test students using BEST Plus 2.0
- Places students according to English Proficiency Level
- Assists students in filling out enrollment forms
- Enters information in ASISTS data base on a regular basis
- Enters data on Google docs on a daily basis
- Checks data base for accuracy and consistency on a bi-weekly basis
- Attends BEST Plus 2.0 refresher workshops or re-certification workshops
- Provides information about the program to potential students and organizations
- Assists with registration and outreach for the program
- Contacts students who stop coming for more than two sessions
- Creates folders for all enrolled students and verifies that folders contain all required forms. Candidate also verifies that the information is written correctly on the forms.
- Ensures that each student who has achieved the bench mark hours have a portfolio.
- Provides teachers with programmatic support like: placing students in different levels or schedules upon conferencing with the teacher. Provides teachers/instructors with teaching materials like markers, erasers, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Other duties as required by the program
- Must be BEST Plus 2.0 certified
- Have a working knowledge of ASISTS Data Base
- Be flexible and willing to learn programs procedures quickly
- Work independently
- Have good communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Docs
Language Skills: Bilingual in Greek or Spanish is a plus.
Please submit your resumes to Evthoxia Panos at Epanos@hanac.org or Athena Beltecas at ABeltecas@hanac.org .