All instructors are expected to be passionate instructors with good interpersonal skills committed to empowering adult learning participant to meet their needs. Classroom instruction incorporates self-paced, computerized synchronous instruction, small group learning exercises, videos, and provides classroom instruction in a variety of fields at specifically higher level TABE 5 & 6 and TASC prep. The ability to develop contextualized lessons using extensive writing and reading practice in the content areas of science, social studies, and math using a standardized curriculum for each program area. Will be responsible for coaching and motivating participants by engaging them in a hybrid virtual class and by assigning lessons using Google classroom, and other electronic tools. We are seeking someone who is passionate about making a difference in their community by developing adults to their fullest potential.
Seeking to hire the following:
TASC writing only teacher - Thursdays 6P-9P
TASC Reading/Social Studies teacher - Tuesdays 6P-9P
The Fast Track class would meet once a week for 3 hours synchronously and 2 hours via Google classroom. Instruction will be customized based on learner needs.
- Provide HSE instruction for higher level adult participants (who needs to only pass 1-3 subjects on the TASC) to develop skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and math
- Develop and implement student centered lesson plans based on participant’s need that engage participants and assist them in navigating the activities of their lives
- Administer TABE and/or TASC Readiness assessments and analyze results to guide instruction
- Monitor attendance records of each participant and progress; produce progress reports as needed, submit quarterly course overviews, and ensure data is entered in a timely manner
- Communicate with participants regarding upcoming events, absenteeism, etc.
- Participate in professional development, staff meetings and work very closely with program assistants, case managers and other program staff to deliver effective programming that motivates participants and succeed in the program
- Evaluate and conference participants on their progress mid-term and end of term
- Bachelors Degree required; certificate or Master’s degree in teaching and/or related field
- Minimum of 2 yrs. teaching experience (online teaching is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Fast Track subject (social studies, reading, writing, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of HSE pathways
- Leadership – strong leader/facilitator, able to maintain virtual classroom discipline and successfully guide students through individualized lesson plans
- Motivational skills– use motivational skills and strategies to encourage students to learn and keep them engaged in their own education
- Communication skills– have strong verbal and written communication skills to instruct and educate students and grade written work
- Computer skills– because of the internet-based nature of the job, must have excellent computer skills and can work with multiple types of learning management platforms such as Schoology and Google Classroom, and software programs
- Analytical skills– use analytical skills to evaluate student work and ongoing student progress
- Collaborate – must be able to work as a team of instructional members to ensure students have a positive learning experience
This is a grant funded opportunity through June 30, 2025. Contracts are renewed annually based on performance.
The pay rate is @ $35 per hour at 5 hours each week for 9-11 week cycles and up to 14 hours a year for professional development.
Apply online for this job