Salary Range: $45,000 annually
Reports To: Senior Director of Community Schools
Program: Adult Literacy Education (ALE)
East Side House Settlement (ESH) is a community resource in the South Bronx. We believe education is the key that enables all people to create economic and civic opportunities for themselves, their families, and the communities. We seek a dynamic, hard-working, and creative team-player who shares our passion for providing exceptional services to children and families.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Community Schools, the Case Manager will be key in the Community School and Workforce staff inter-disciplinary team whose purpose is to provide comprehensive educational and social emotional supports that enable participants to meet their learning, educational and employment goals. A primary focus for the Case Manager is to support our ALE participants throughout their process in the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and Workforce services. The Case Manager will communicate effectively with the Senior Director of Community Schools and Workforce team to coordinate student intake and interviews, tutoring and all other wrap around services needed for participants, who are enrolled in various classes, to succeed.
- Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a caseload of approximately 50-100 participants per year; divided by cohorts.
- Maintain ongoing contact with participants on caseload at all phases of the ALE program to track progress; meet individually at least twice per course with every adult participant.
- Conduct daily attendance outreach and refer participants to support services as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Instructors and Career Development Specialists to ensure participants career goals are met.
- Conduct one-on-one and small group counseling sessions with participants that support their academic, career and personal goals.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Instructors, Career Development Specialists, and Education and Employment Services Managers in providing onsite/co-location services.
- Build and maintain Google shared database with case load of participants to track participant progress through career and education goal plans.
- Participate in relevant departmental meetings, training, case conferences, workshops and other on/off site events.
- Assist the program management staff in recruiting, interviewing, and maintaining participant records for each cohort of ALE.
- Consult with teachers and provide feedback to participants on academic performance using a biweekly assessment.
- Refer participants to academic and support services as needed.
- Attend administrative meetings, program trainings, and staff development.
- Educating participants and families about post-secondary options, colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing; advising participants and families as they go through the process and helping participants and families aspire realistically and choose wisely.
- Arrange monthly on-site/co-location family literacy events, special events, and extracurricular activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Read more and apply at this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=65968&clientkey=822017CB7A069E491A9ECFF44048E7E6