The BMCC/CUNY Adult Education Program is seeking a dynamic, hardworking educator who has significant experience working with a diverse population of adult, non-traditional high school equivalency students. Candidate should have experience teaching all four sections of the GED, including math. Candidate must be comfortable and able to work off-site on the Lower East Side, and serve students who predominantly reside in the Lillian Wald and Riis Housing complexes. Candidate must be able to liaise between BMCC and our partner agencies on the LES. Candidate must be able to work independently and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Available to teach 3 mornings from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Track attendance and other outcomes and data, as required
- Attend RAEN professional development as mandated by NYSED
- Attend meetings as required by BMCC administration
- BA/BS plus relevant adult education experience
Salary: $40 an hour. This is a P/T RFCUNY position.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Solange Farina at firstname.lastname@example.org