DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The HSE Instructor will:
- Develop lesson plans and adjust instruction according to the various learning styles of program participants. Maintain a collaborative learning environment.
- Create engaging lessons in ABE and HSE that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills using a variety of methodologies.
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and staff well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback and weekly assessments.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Attend instructional workshops and learning communities that will discuss all subtests and curriculum development for the TASC exam and ABE instruction.
- Administer and utilize standardized assessments to develop curricula targeting the educational challenges of the students.
- Monitor students’ performance and attendance for required reporting systems.
- Lead engagement and follow-up efforts to ensure participants progress towards positive outcomes.
- Implement strategies to maximize student learning and retention.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required. Master’s Degree in Education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching adult learners of varied ages, levels, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of ABE, HSE curriculum, testing procedures and requirements.
Hours: 3 days/6-10 Hours per week, evening hours
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Parvoneh Shirgir firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “HSE Instructor.”