Location-Red Hook, Brooklyn
Hours: Mon-Thurs 9am to 12pm (Part Time)
NYU Langone Family Heath Center’s Empowerment Program is a youth and adult education program that provides classes in ESOL, Adult Basic Education, High School Equivalency (GED) preparation and workforce development. The primary role of the teacher is to design and implement High School equivalency classes to prepare students for the High School Equivalency (GED) exam. The class will be held in community settings.
At least one year providing instruction (teaching or tutoring) to adults or adolescents and Bachelor's degree
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in community settings
- Time management skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask.
- Appreciation for the unique needs of youth and adult learners.
- Interest in and awareness of working with culturally and economic diverse communities.
To apply email your resume to Thomas.email@example.com with the subject: HSE Teacher