Brooklyn Public Library Adult Learning is seeking a self-driven, motivated integrated education and training Medical Billing instructor who strives in assisting participants in reaching their career goal in life. The successful individual will be responsible for implementation and evaluation by facilitating participants' learning through contextualization lessons.
- Instruct the assigned course(s) in accordance with the approved curriculum and lesson plans
- Prepare and deliver class instructions according to an approved course syllabus
- Discuss with participants their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience
- Responsible for assisting the student to develop an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession.
- Participate in the selection and preparation of instructional materials
- Integrate high school equivalency subjects for participants who are working towards their HSE diploma
- Maintain a roster of all active students
- Prepare exams and maintain an accurate grade book and attendance rosters
- Attend staff meetings, job fairs, and other organization-sponsored meetings and activities.
- Maintain updated information concerning new advances and procedures in your field through continuing education.
- Prepare participants for NHA exam
- Provide a professional role model for students
- Master’s degree in Allied Health Management, OR, Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Technology, or related field; formal training and a minimum 3-5 years of documented experience in the field
- CBCS, CPC-A, CPC, or related
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Teaching experience or industry training experience
- Additional Training in ICD-10
Class schedule: Saturdays 10am-1pm and online classroom portal
Participants are enrolled in 15 hours of mandatory classroom instruction (Mon.-Thurs. 6p-9p and Sat. 10a-1p) We are seeking a Saturday instructor to reiterate skills being taught during the evening classes (lab).
Pay rate: $40 per hour for 3 hours of instruction on Saturdays and 1 hour of prep. Total of 4 hours per week for 15 weeks.
To apply for the position: https://careers-bklynlibrary.icims.com/jobs/1889/part-time-hse-instructor-for-contextualized-medical-billing-class/job