- Teach HSE-level class for 17-24-year-olds who have had criminal justice involvement.
- Provide instruction in Social Studies, Science, Reading, and Writing in preparation for the TASC.
- Develop learner-centered, participatory lessons, using relevant materials and a project-based approach.
- Create and implement engaging lesson plans and instructional strategies, including group instruction and one-on-one tutoring.
- Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools and in-class assessment, both formative and summative.
- In weekly team meetings, provide student progress updates and contribute to collaborative student action plans.
- Maintain attendance and assessment data in Friends’ agency-wide database; enter regular notes on student progress.
- Cultivate authentic bonds of respect amongst and with the students.
- Three to five years’ experience teaching in adult literacy/HSE education.
- Experience working with at-risk youth or justice-involved youth.
- A sense of humor, integrity, flexibility, and strong interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of and belief in strengths-based youth development philosophy, and a profound commitment to the youth we serve.
- Individuals with prior criminal justice involvement are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to Tina Lee, Director of Education, at email@example.com. Résumés without a cover letter will not be considered.