REPORTS TO: Rochdale Adult Learning Center Manager
JOB LOCATION: Queens Library Rochdale Adult Learning Center 169-09 137th Ave., Jamaica NY 11434
Rochdale Adult Learning Center seeks Part-Time Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency Teachers to teach 4-5 subjects (Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Math and Science) to adult students in the Adult Education Program, and prepare students for the TASC exam. The position requires creative and dedicated instructors particularly experienced with teaching adults. We have immediate openings for the Fall 2019 Semester; Monday & Thursdays from 4-8pm. Starting pay is $38 per hour.
- Manage a classroom of up to 15-25 adults over the age of 18+.
- Help students prepare for the TASC exam and improve their literacy level.
- Develop daily lesson plans aligned with curriculum.
- Review assessments tests and monitor students’ educational progress and liaise with staff members. Provide feedback and establish education plans
- Report attendance for each session.
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using technology in the classroom.
- Knowledge of MS Office and google drive.
- Provide tutoring services to students
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and minimum 3+ years’ experience teaching Adult Basic Education.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower underserved communities through Adult Basic education.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Experience with TABE testing preferred.
- Knowledge of Common Core Basics and College and Career Readiness Standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the New York State TASC exam preferred.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “HSE Teacher” in the subject line.
- Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.