DIVISION OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
TEMPORARY PART TIME HSE MATH INSTRUCTOR POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director and Assistant Director of Education Programs, the HSE Instructor will provide high school equivalency math instruction to evening students at the Adult Learning Center.
This position is to cover an instructor on leave.
Math classes are part of an HSE evening program with the math class meeting on Wednesdays from 6 – 9pm. The cover class is from Wed, Jan 10th - Wed, March 27th.
All instruction is in person at CUNY City Tech in downtown Brooklyn at:
300 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- Create a student-centered, engaging learning environment, as required by CUNY
- Develop theme-based, contextualized lessons for upper-level math class
- Assess student content knowledge and tailor instruction relevant to GED preparation
- Evaluate student progress and provide feedback, both formally and informally
- Administer required assessments, which may include TABE and other testing
- Maintain attendance records and work collaboratively with office and counselors on student participation and needs
- Complete professional development hours as required by the Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN)
- BA or BS in education or related field
- Minimum two years related teaching experience, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Knowledge of GED/TASC exam and math content
- Ability to create thematic, content-based curricula
- Proficient at integrating technology into lessons
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
Please send cover letter and resume to Giovanna Perciballi at email@example.com
Hourly rate starts at $38