The HSE Program Assistant will provide quality professional support for the Brooklyn Public Library’s Adult Learning Program High School Equivalency office at the Pacific branch. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, extremely organized, able to multitask, handle large amounts of program data, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Also, must be able to pay attention to accuracy, detail and confidentiality.
- Assist with new HSE enrollments (TASC/NEDP)
- Review documentation to ensure it is valid and meets funder requirements
- Coordinates and composes HSE enrollment letters, track participant attendance, and assist HSE instructors as needed
- Assist with coordinating communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interacting with program participants.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Facilitate bi-weekly HSE screening presentations and process enrollment applications
- High School Diploma/HSE equivalent required
- One year of related work experience in an administrative office setting
- Knowledgeable of NYS 4 Pathways to earn your High School Diploma
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with staff, external stakeholders and program participants
- Passion for Adult Learning (HSE)
Schedule: Mondays 2pm-6pm, Thursdays 3pm – 8pm, Fridays 11am-3pm, Saturdays 9:30am – 3:30pm
Go to this link to apply: https://careers-bklynlibrary.icims.com/jobs/1803/part-time-high-school-equivalency-%28hse%29-program-assistant/job