Brooklyn Public Library's Adult Learning program is seeking a dedicated and skilled Spanish HSE instructor to prepare participants for the workforce and/or TASC exam.
The Spanish HSE instructor will teach a 3-hour hybrid class to meet the needs of the participants. Classroom instruction incorporates self-paced, computerized instruction, small group learning exercises, videos, and provides classroom instruction in a variety of fields at several levels. The ability to develop lessons using extensive writing and reading practice in the content areas of science and social studies using CUNY's HSE curriculum. We are seeking someone who is passionate about making a difference in their community by developing adults to their fullest potential.
- Deliver effective instruction and have an appetite for utilizing data to improve services
- Create engaging instructional strategies and lesson plans, integrating technology
- Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools
- Adapt teaching style and strategies to maximize participant learning and retention
- Requires a bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of related teaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred experience with teaching TASC prep to adults in Spanish
- Must have familiarity with the current NYS HSE exam (TASC) and CUNY Career Kits
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well
- Strong proficiency in the use of office equipment including computers, smart boards, online learning management systems (Khan Academy, etc.)
- Be willing to participate in professional development workshops/trainings
Spring Cycle - (April 1st - June 17th )
Location: Pacific Library
This is a hybrid class (3 hours a week), both face-to-face and online learning. There will be 3 hours of classroom instruction and participants would be required to complete at least 3-6 hours of online learning.
This is a contract position. The Salary for this position is $35/ hour.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Spanish HSE Instructor” in the subject of email.