Hours: Sundays from 10: 00 am – 4:00 pm
Salary: Hourly Rate Commensurate with Experience
HSE Prep classes are a part of COJO Flatbush’s Adult Literacy Services division whose objective is to assist individuals to become self-sufficient.
The HSE instructor will lead classes, instruct students in all subjects included on the NYS approved HSE test, develop curriculum and materials, design lessons, maintain a successful learning environment, collaborate with program staff and maintain program data.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred. Three (3) year teaching experience in HSE required. Preference will be given for licensed teachers and qualified candidates with HSE teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Pre-HSE and HSE curriculum and NYS HSE testing requirements. Ability to teach all subject areas (reading, math, science, social studies and writing).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to incorporating innovative teaching methods.
- Ability to assess differences in learning styles and capitalize on student strengths.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain classrooms conducive to learning and facilitate successful participant engagement.
- Establish clear expectations and encourage student accountability. Implement quality instructional practices, and vary methods of instruction, to encourage participation and retention
- Teach classes and conduct whole group, small group and individualized instruction.
- Conduct regular assessment/post-tests to determine advancement.
- Maintain timely and complete documentation.
- Participate in required program and agency meetings.
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line, please indicate “HSE Instructor” AND where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.