PROGRAM: HANAC Adult Literacy
We are looking for a skilled Intake Clerk to be responsible for data entry in ASISTS and DYCD Connect data bases for a busy Adult Literacy Education Program.
Reports to: Adult Literacy and Legal Immigration Services
HANAC, Inc. – originally founded by George Douris as the Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee – is a New York City based multi-faceted social services organization with administrative offices at 27-40 Hoyt Avenue S in Astoria and fiscal office at 1250 Broadway in New York City. The organization was founded in 1972 to serve the needs of vulnerable populations throughout New York City.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pre-Test and Post-Test students using BEST Plus 2.0
- Places students according to English Proficiency Level
- Assists students in filling out enrolment forms
- Enters information in ASISTS and DYCD Connect data bases on a regular basis
- Enters data on Google docs on a daily basis
- Checks data base for accuracy and consistency on a bi-weekly basis
- Attends BEST Plus 2.0 refresher workshops or recertification workshops
- Provides information about the program to potential students and organizations
- Assists with registration and outreach for the program
- Contacts students who stop coming for more than two sessions
- Creates folders for all enrolled students and verifies that folders contain all required forms and verifies that the information is written correctly on the forms.
- Ensures that each student who has achieved the bench mark hours have a portfolio.
- Provides teachers with programmatic support like placing students in different levels or schedules upon conferencing with the teacher. Provides teachers/instructors with teaching materials like markers, erasers, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Other duties as required by the program
- High School Diploma Required, Associates Degree preferred and at least one year of experience working with ASISTS and administering BEST PLUS 2.0
- BEST Plus 2.0 certified and have a working knowledge of ASISTS Data Base and DYCD Connect.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to learn program procedures quickly.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, have good communication skills, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Docs.
- Language Skills:
- Bilingual a plus but not necessary (Spanish )