PROGRAM: Adult Literacy
Reports to: Program Director
Funding Source(s): WIA 300
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $18.45 /hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-Test and Post-Test students using BEST Plus and TABE
- Places students according to English Proficiency Level
- Assists students in filling out enrollment forms
- Enters information in ASISTS and CAPRICORN data bases on a regular basis
- Enters and updates student attendance and information on Google Docs
- Creates folders for all enrolled students and verifies that the folders contain all required forms and verifies that the information is written correctly on the forms
- Ensures that each student who has achieved the benchmark hours have a portfolio
- Checks data bases for accuracy and consistency on a bi-weekly basis
- Attends BEST Plus and TABE refresher workshops or re-certification workshops
- Provides information about the program to potential students and organizations
- Assists with registration and outreach for the program
- Contacts students who stop coming for more than two sessions
- Provides teachers with programmatic support like: placing students in different levels or schedules upon conferencing with the teacher. Provides teachers/instructors with teaching materials like markers, erasers, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Other duties as required by the program
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be BEST Plus 2.0, ASISTS, and TABE certified and have at least 2 years experience with ASISTS and CAPRICORN Data Bases and Best Plus 2.0 and TABE testing.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to learn programs procedures quickly. Candidates must be able to work independently, have good communication skills, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
High School Diploma Required, Associates Degree preferred and at least two years of experience working with ASISTS and Capricorn and administering BEST PLUS and TABE tests.
Please send all applications to Evthoxia Panos at: email@example.com