This job posting is for an Open Position to start a new and innovative program, called the IT Academy, which is a crucial part of the NYC: ATWORK Training Academy, powered by Cisco and sponsored by NYC Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities. These key positions will have the amazing opportunity to get “on the ground floor” in establishing an exciting new joint venture between a non-profit organization and government to create the first Training Academy in the country to serve people with disabilities! And based on the success of the program, these two new roles will provide consultation and leadership for future planned Academies sponsored by the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities’ NYC: ATWORK and ICD – Institute for Career Development. As a result, these two new teaching positions will successfully complete the Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) training and certification program to achieve proficiency in Cisco Academy curriculum and teaching methods. And obtain their teaching license from the New York State Education Department’s Adult Career & Continuing Education Services’ Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) to conduct training at ICD-Institute for Career Development.
The selected candidate will teach Cisco Networking certification classes for the IT Academy. Additionally, the selected candidate will lead the development of the curriculum and work plan for this academy, and future academies. Certifications offered in this first class include: Cisco CCENT (Certified Entry Networking Technician), Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) in Networking (Routing & Switching), and Cisco CCNA in Cyber Security.
The qualified candidate must have the above Cisco CCNA certifications, and experience in curriculum development, methodology, content, and delivery of interactive, facilitation-based training utilizing multiple teaching platforms including classroom, web-based, hands-on, and self-directed instruction.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience working in the IT Field, as well as 1+ year(s) of teaching experience and facilitation of training to young adults and adults required.
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) strongly preferred, but will subsidize the right candidate. Industry security certifications a plus.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style, and to analyze and synthesize technical information.
- Must have passed or be willing to take and pass the CCNA Cyber OPS Exam and relevant training in order to teach the class.
- Expert knowledge of the Cisco Academy and its curriculum, including Networking, Routing, Switching, and LAN/WAN Technologies.
- Must be proficient in TCP/IP suite including but not limited to IP/TCP/UDP/ARP/DNS/DHCP/HTTP.
- Experience using Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA’s security monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience in course development, instruction, and facilitation of training for adults.
- Must have an AA degree, BA preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) in Networking and Cyber Security
- CCNA Cyber OPS
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject of IT Academy Instructor.
The Institute for Career Development is an advocate for diversity in the workplace. All candidates will benefit from equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to: race; color; age; religion; pregnancy; sex; sexual orientation; disability; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; genetic information; Veteran status; marital status; or prior protected activity. ICD complies with all applicable federal, state, and city employment laws.