Location: Kingsborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
The Venture V Program for SNAP Participants provides job placement services to eligible candidates who can demonstrate that they are actively seeking employment.
The Office of Continuing Education at Kingsborough Community College seeks applications for a Job Developer, reporting to the Director; the successful candidate will perform the following:
- Place program candidates in available employment opportunities
- Provide ongoing support for placed participants to promote successful job retention
- Maintain and develop industry contacts primarily in the healthcare sector, but also in the broader medical, legal and business sectors, to support job placement of program graduates with the following credentials: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA); Patient Care Technician for CNAs; Clinical Medical Assistants; Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); EKG technician; Phlebotomy technician; Certified Home Health Aide; Direct Support Professional; Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist; Pharmacy Technician; Medical Billing and Coding Specialist; Administrative Assistant; Paralegal; Accounting Professional
- Maintain accurate and updated records of industry contacts
- Communicate regularly with program graduates, and maintain accurate and updated records of all communications; maintain detailed records of job referrals, appointments and job placements of program graduates. Maintain follow-up contact with placed graduates for 3-6 months after the job placement
- Attend online or in-person class sessions to promote job opportunities to program participants
- Provide support in soft-skills development of job search requirements, including resume development and job interviewing techniques
- Liaise closely with program administrators and program coordinator to ensure transparent exchange of information regarding job placement efforts for program participants and graduates
- Checks-in regularly with the Program Director, Academic Advisor and Administrative Staff
- Participates in campus and University meetings and training activities as needed
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- History of successful job placement of candidates
- Proven experience establishing strong relationships with community businesses and agencies
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive and detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and team member
- Computer proficiency using standard academic, administrative and office software programs/applications, such as Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Google docs
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours when required
- Provides job development counseling, planning and placement services to a diverse student population
- Assists students with clarifying employment goals; counsels students regarding employment, educational and training options, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Offers support in guiding students through the employment process
- Provides students with effective and timely referral to other college and external support services
- Establishes and maintains student files, databases and records; prepares activity reports and analyses
- May specialize in providing advice on specific programs related to the student’s employment objectives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Salary: $40-$45/hour based on education and experience
Assistant Director, Academic/ESL Programs
Office of Continuing Education
Kingsborough Community College
The City University of New York
2001 Oriental Boulevard,
Brooklyn NY 11235
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.