The Director of Income Building is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and supervising staff responsible for all employment activities for adults living in Win shelters and Supportive Housing. The Director is responsible for the successful integration of assessing clients job readiness, job development and support goals of each client employment gains to ensure compliance with Win’s and other agency contractual requirements.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Program Directors in developing job fairs and targeted employer recruitment events for Win Clients. Coordinates events and ensure the Income Building Specialist are informing and preparing clients for the events.
- Coordinates the referrals of Win clients to targeted job training programs.
- Ensures consistency in collaboration between the Case Managers and the Income Building staff across Win.
- Collaborates with the Program Directors in the development and the coordination of job readiness workshops and other client employment activities (such as escort to outside job fairs and recruitment events) across Win.
- Champion the use of evidence based practices (EBP) in all aspects of work life; promote strengths-based, trauma-informed, family centered, culturally reflexive program environment; model use of EBP for staff and peers; use strength based approach and motivational in managing staff; train and support staff in their use of EBP with clients; use EBP to meet and exceed program goals.
- Monitor the program’s effectiveness to ensure that program is achieving its goals relative to the placement of clients into securing employment, maintaining employment and establishing family stability
- Analyze, develop and implement procedures and policies to ensure quality service provision
- Collect, organize and coordinate data and tracking of client employment gains.
- Directly supervise , provide coaching, training and development to all staff, as needed
- Coordinate staff training, including implementation of in-service training
- Recruit, hire and train staff in accordance with Win’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that orientation is provided so that new staff become quickly assimilated
- Ensure that all staff receive timely and quality performance evaluations in accordance with Win’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that Win’s Work Force Planning Department is consulted on all staff discipline or possible termination issues prior to any action being taken
- Actively participate in Win’s Quality Assurance and Improvement process by attending all meetings and serving on one or more of subcommittees, task force or other special assignment
- Submit quality and timely reports to Win and other regulatory agencies as mandated and ensure that all staff of the residence are in compliance with their respective reporting requirements
- Conduct and participate in all meetings relating to staff and program management
- Ensures that program staff maintains a consistent working relationships with employers that are appropriate for our job seeking population. Maintain a bank of employers who are hiring within the industries appropriate for Win clients.
- Establish liaisons with appropriate community and government agencies to maintain linkages for employment and educational services required by Win
- Represent the agency at meetings, conferences and public hearings to gain and share information relevant to the program’s operation.
- M.S.W. or M.A. in Social Services or related fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the human services sector, which includes three (3) years in a supervisory role with responsibilities for managing employment programs, budgets and staff.
- Familiarity with the following Evidence Based Practices is required along with ability to demonstrate success using the EBP model preferred.
- Familiarity with homeless population, women and outreach/engagement strategies.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate ability to multi task; meeting multiple deadline demands
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred.
- Solid computer skills required including MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CARES a plus.
To apply please visit: http://winnyc.org/about-win/wincareers/