Job Description: The literacy coordinator works across offices with a team of fellows and trainers to provide job training assistance. The coordinator should have experience teaching, giving presentations to large groups, and marketing programs. As this is a new program, the role requires the candidate to be very flexible and able to adapt both to changes in student population and city mandates. The individual should have experience managing staff and tracking data.
- Collaborate with literacy team and the Director of Education to effectively engage clients in job-related training programs
- Teach courses at both locations including computer literacy, Food Handler’s, HSE Classes, ESL, and OSHA to individuals enrolled in the Literacy program
- Improve and implement curriculum that teaches literacy and numeracy skills through job-training, including vocabulary building, math, and reasoning
- Monitor and evaluate program performance according to enrollment, retention in coursework, and employment outcomes
- Supervise small team of fellows in enrollment, teaching and referral process in our Brooklyn, Bronx and Jamaica Offices
- Work with teammates across offices to assist with job applications, resume, case management, and general needs of the client
- Think creatively about ways to market programs, engage more participants, and improve outcomes
1-2 years of teaching experience required, ability to manage staff necessary. Master’s degree a plus. Must be able to work at multiple sites when needed.
Send resume to Daniel Aulbach-Sidibe at firstname.lastname@example.org