The Lehman College Adult Learning Center is seeking a dynamic part-time ABE/HSE Math teacher to work with a diverse group of adult learners. The class meets for two evening sessions a week.
Essential duties include:
- Providing high-quality instruction to help students develop their conceptual understanding and math skills
- Designing engaging lessons to help students foster an appreciation of math
- Collaborating with staff and teachers to develop best teaching practices and enriching materials
- Reviewing and communicating class progress with both staff and students
- Actively partaking in teacher meetings and citywide professional development
- Maintaining class attendance and submitting in a timely manner
- Participating in program-wide events and activities
- Conducting required assessments and exams
- Having a willingness to learn and become part of the ALC community of teachers and learners
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree and relevant teaching and education experience. Experience with online and in-person teaching preferred. Prior adult education experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
Hourly instructional rate is $37/hr. To apply, please respond by uploading a cover letter and resume on rfcuny.org: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LE-2211-005198