The Flushing YMCA is seeking a New American Initiative Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the Director with the strategy, implementation, fidelity, and quality of the New Americans Initiative programs and services.
- Provide ongoing support and case management to participants and community members including providing and documenting referrals as per program standards.
- Handle all issues related to program eligibility and ensure participants understand and adhere to program philosophy, standards, rules and regulations
- Oversee registration, authentic assessment and orientation for new students. Ensuring consistent retention.
- Maintain internal case files and ensure timely data entry into the Collaborate, ASISTS, Capricorn and or any other database assigned to the branch, including but not limited to intake, goals and outcomes, pre and post testing, attendance, case notes and insuring that supporting documentation is scanned and uploaded into the database.
- Maintain up to date referral network and linkage agreements, ensure that workshop instructors deliver contextualized, community-driven workshops that integrates technology, family, health, and financial literacy.
- Assist with reporting to government and private funders; tracking and reporting student data and achievement results and coordinating the operational aspects of the New Americans Welcome Center.
- Recruit, on-board and supervise volunteers and interns by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships.
- Organize and manage Instructor and Intern / Volunteer schedules
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Mental Health or a related field; related experience preferred.
- Ability and interest in working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to adult literacy and civic education, immigration legal services and case management.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, patient and able to work well with others, and be able to establish positive relationships with participants, the community, collaborators and partnerships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; Window based computer applications and database management.
- Bilingual (Mandarin) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “New American Initiative Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Lorna Blancaflor
138-46 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354