Reporting to the Associate Director of Adult Learning Centers (ALCs), the Harlem ALC Hub Manager will:
- Provide leadership at a hub that includes supervision and the professional development needed to ensure existing and new staff have the skills to deliver instruction according to the curriculum.
- Responsible for the data and reporting necessary to assure program goals are carried out.
- Implement new program initiatives, with a special focus on staff development appropriate for improving English language and literacy proficiency and basic numeracy instruction
- Maintain connections with Associate Directors and Library Managers and staff within a specified hub.
- Contribute to the development of a curriculum scope and sequence, and a training and support plan necessary to insure its implementation
- Schedule classes and arrange teacher schedules
- Work directly with NYPL staff and students, promoting and modeling effective instructional strategies, methods, and materials use, in a collaborative learning environment
- Master's Degree in TESOL, Adult Literacy, Linguistics, English, or other Education related focus
- Minimum five years teaching experience working in an adult education setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of research-based English Language and literacy instruction for adults in the early stages of language acquisition and literacy development
- Experience leading staff development related to teaching and learning strategies that integrate computer-assisted instruction and multimedia into the curriculum