Hours: Multiple day, afternoon and evening classes.
Salary: Hourly Rate Commensurate with Experience.
HSE Prep classes are a part of COJO Flatbush’s Adult Education division whose objective is to assist individuals to become self-sufficient.
The HSE instructor will lead classes, instruct students in all subjects included on the TASC, develop curriculum and materials, design lessons, maintain an engaging and successful learning environment, collaborate with program staff and maintain program data.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Education preferred. One (1) year teaching experience in pre-HSE/HSE required. Preference will be given for licensed teachers and qualified candidates with HSE teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Pre-HSE and HSE curriculum and TASC testing requirements. Ability to teach all TASC focused subject areas (reading, math, science, social studies and writing).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to incorporating innovative teaching methods including technology.
- Ability to assess differences in learning styles and capitalize on student strengths.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain classrooms conducive to learning and facilitate successful participant engagement.
- Establish clear expectations and encourage student accountability. Implement quality instructional practices, and vary methods of instruction, to encourage participation and retention
- Teach classes and conduct whole group, small group and individualized instruction.
- Conduct regular assessment/post-tests to determine advancement.
- Maintain timely and complete documentation as required.
- Participate in mandated program and agency meetings.
To Apply: email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line, please indicate “HSE Instructor” AND where the position was found. In the cover letter state availability and preferences.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.