Queens Library- Young Adult Literacy Program – Jamaica, NY
- Effectively teach Reading comprehension, standard English Grammar, essay writing, Math (Arithmetic, Geometry, & Algebra), and test-taking skills.
- Ability to develop lessons using extensive writing and reading practice in the content areas of Science and Social Studies.
- Must be comfortable with learner-centered, participatory lessons and a project-based approach.
- Create engaging instructional strategies and lesson plans, integrating technology.
- Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools and in class quizzes.
- Integrate technology into instructional strategies.
- Adapt teaching style and strategies to maximize student learning and retention.
- BA/BS Degree, MA/MS Degree preferred with 2+ years of experience teaching young adults ages 16-24 years old.
- Must have familiarity with the current NYS HSE exam, knowledge of TASC and Common Core State Standards.
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong communication skills.
- Be willing to participate in professional development workshops and/or certification programs to remain competent and relevant in the field of adult education.
Salary: $40/hour up to 17 hours per week.
The work schedule will include: Monday-Wednesday 9:30am-1:30pm & Thursday 9:30am-2:30pm.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Olga.Lacayo@queenslibrary.org.