Start Date: JUNE 2021
Salary: Hourly Rate starts at PSC CUNY negotiated rate
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies at Lehman College, CUNY is seeking an instructor to prepare adult students to take and pass the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (formerly known as the GED). The Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) is the high school equivalency test in New York State.
The instructor must have a proven track record in math and literacy instruction and experience teaching adults. The instructor will be expected to develop and/or implement a high school equivalency curriculum and be able to assess and measure student progress.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of high school equivalency curricula and TASC testing requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to assess differences in learning styles
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a safe learning environment for students
- Conduct courses online and in-person
- Establish clear goals and expectations
- Develop lesson plans and adjust instruction according to the various learning styles of program participants. Maintain a collaborative learning environment.
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and program coordinator well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback and weekly assessments.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Monitor students’ performance and attendance for required reporting systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, email your resume, contact information, and the names of at least 3 references to email@example.com.