Hudson Guild Older Adult Center - New York, NY
The role of the ELL teacher/intern is to assist the ELL Language Program/Tech Coordinator by helping meet the needs of older adults provided by the Hudson Guild Older Adult Center. The teacher/intern must be highly motivated, communicative but yet patient in providing assistance to help older adult individuals with English only instruction and incorporating technology to enhance language learning. Responsibilities for the position include having solid classroom management skills and making sure lessons meet the needs of all ELL older adults.
- Support the Hudson Guild Older Adult Center team/staff in helping older adult ELLs gain language literacy skills.
- Have experience in designing, planning, and implementing English instruction for ELL older adults.
- Have the ability to monitor and assess student progress of ELL older adults.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and techniques to maximize learning.
- Facilitate the use of laptops and other devices as needed for language learning class sessions.
- Assist to maintain attendance/documentation for older adult individuals that attend ELL class sessions.
- Be able to conduct pre/post-assessment of ELL older adults per cycle to assess educational gains.
- Report to the language program/tech coordinator as needed.
The teacher/intern must be working towards a degree in the related field and be able to use computers (i.e. mostly Google/Windows operating systems) with applications that can support ELLs to gain language literacy.
The intern can have a class schedule but must be flexible to work ELL class sessions of 10:30am -12noon or 1:30pm - 3:00pm during the time the older adult center in open for operation from 9am - 4pm.
Very minimal lifting/moving and carrying of materials/equipment if necessary. Work can be complemented with use of a desktop (teacher/intern) and laptops (ELL participants) in a computer lab.
The ELL teacher/intern will work inside a computer lab in a controlled room at an older adult center.
Job Type: Internship
Job Location: New York, NY Hudson Guild Older Adult Center - 1190 Ninth Ave.
To apply contact Aaron Corbin - ELL Language Program/Tech Coordinator email@example.com 212 924-6710 x4003