Mercy Center is a comprehensive community center that has been serving women and their families in the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx, NY for more than 24 years. Through our varied programs, we address the needs of the whole person, developing skills for healthy family living and economic advancement while building a community of respect, hospitality and non-violence.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting with all administrative and clerical duties that are necessary for the operation of the Education programs.
This is a full time 40 hour/week position that will require flexibility in scheduling to include some evening and weekend work. Salary range: $32,000 - 35,000
- Maintain attendance records, evaluations and other in ESOL databases
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Manage administrative tasks and data base entries daily
- Provide reception and information services for Mercy Center by responding to inquiries from prospective students, current students, staff, and the public
- Assist in arranging staff development sessions; including sessions on various instruction methods, enriched learning in classroom settings
- Handle administrative tasks and data base entries daily
- Support Education Director in assigned project based work
- Teaching required
- BA and 2 years of experience - OR - 3+ years experience in similar role
- Fluency and literacy in Spanish and English
- Knowledge Capricorn and ETO an asset
- Knowledge of the NYC DOE and DYCD a plus
- Experience working with the immigrant community preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and use self-initiative
- Computer literacy required, including skills in Microsoft Office and ability to navigate the internet.