The Future Now Program at Bronx Community College seeks a highly responsible, organized, and dedicated full-time Program Assistant with outstanding administrative and organizational skills to do intensive data entry and provide administrative support to Future Now’s HSE and College Programs. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Future Now, the Program Assistant will assist with the daily needs of the successful operations of Future Now.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related area of study preferred, and/or, at least 2-year previous experience doing data entry and administrative work in an office setting.
- Qualified candidates will be tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to share and promote Future Now’s mission of supporting college transition and success for First Generation College bound students.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and flexible with strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency skills using standard administrative and academic systems and programs, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google and the ability and interest to learn new computer and tracking systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with maturity and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced work environment with time-sensitive goals.
- Ability to initiate and manage social media content for work purposes in order to support and oversee student communications. Experience using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to build community and social networks, highly desirable.
- The Program Assistant will be responsible for entering data in multiple databases, helping with student outreach, intake, testing and other administrative tasks to support Future Now’ s HSE, College-Prep, and College Now Programs.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Assistant Director, College Manager, and Office Manager Team.
- Enter student and program data into Salesforce and DYCD Connect Databases.
- Prepare testing and recruitment materials.
- Schedule meetings and assist with organizing students’ events. Draft meeting notes and planning templates.
- Send emails, update records, and respond to inquiries from candidates applying to Future Now.
- Review students’ records, email staff with different requests, answer and make phones calls, do photocopying, faxing, filing, typing, and updating of waiting lists.
- Call students for intake and testing appointments, for re-enrollment, to follow up on absences, etc. if/as needed. Pre and post-test students’ Reading and Math Levels using TABE 11 and 12.
- Enter information in Salesforce or Google forms about new class candidates, attendance, call notes, outreach work, scheduled appointments, test scores, etc.
- Communicate via phone, email, etc. with team members and across the program as needed to keep work moving smoothly. Complete other tasks, as needed, to support the program.
- Attend training and meeting as needed.
Starting salary will depend on factors such as experience and education. Future Now is a program of the Research Foundation of CUNY which offers a generous benefit package including health insurance and Retirement Fund.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume to Margie Arce (Office Manager) at Margie.Arce@bcc.cuny.edu or please call 718 289-5843